Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Oh, Great Spirit, keep me from ever judging a man until I´ve walked in his moccasins


This sentence means that before we judge somebody or his/her actions we should try to understand first in which situation he/she is and what his/her feelings or thoughts are. By doing this it will be more difficult to do something to somebody that we wouldn´t like to be done to us.
I think that to identify or emphatyze with others feelings is a good way to understand us much better and avoid communicative and social problems. After all, we are not so different. This was the moral that we could learn from the video we saw today. By the way, if somebody is interested in watching the video again (Hi Helen) or knowing more information about the experiment take a look in this web: http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/divided/etc/view.html

4 comments:

Jarno said...

Thank you very much Tomas~I really like this video(:I think I will watch it again...

Helen said...

Ha,Tomas, thanks a lot...
But I don't think I have time to watch it again tonight,I'm soooooo busy...However, I'll watch it again in this weekend for sure...

Zicas said...

Hi Thomas,
Thanks man very much for the video, i really did not realize that this video could be in the web.......i will see it again and again .....

IM AGAINST DISCRIMINATION

Geraldine aKa The Point said...

Hi Thomas,

Imagine that you are 10 red people in a blue world of blue people. Blue people do not like red people. As blue people are more numerous that red people, if the latter defend themselves they will maybe be 'EATEN' by the blue people...