Sunday, February 17, 2008

Popullation


My father has one brother and one sister, and my mother has only one sister; so I cannot say that I have a wide family, but I can say that is a young one because I met all my grandparent´s parents when I was a child.

I have one brother, his name is Carlos, he´s much more responsible than I am and he´s 27 years old.

I would like to have children, at least two, but I don´t know when that´s going to happen because I have been always moving from one city to another for the last ten years.

The population of Spain is 45.2 million people (according to wikipedia), and Spain's population density is lower than that of most Western European countries. I have already discovered this last data and I considered it funny because some politicians say that we are too much people in Spain and that we shouldn´t allow the entrance of immigrants. Spain is the "door" to Europe of african immigrants who are willing to improve their lifes.

I come from an island named Mallorca, it´s in the Mediterranean sea and it´s a touristic destiny because the beaches and the weather are wonderful.

It´s interesting to know that during the summer the population of the island increases five times. That means that the number of cars increase, and so the pollution. The use of water is a problem because there are not enough reserves of drinking water for everybody. The natural balance of the beaches is specially altered, the huge number of people that visit them is destroying these beautiful and unique ecosystems, and the life in them.

But money rules, and things haven´t changed for the last 15 years.

5 comments:

Zicas said...

Nice post man, hope that you get married and have children in the coming couple of years...hehehehe, its really my wish too, but anyway let us hope a good marriage:-D............Zicas

Tomas said...

Hi Zicas,

Good to see you in this virtual place, and thanks for your good desires. U know what...I don´t really wanna get married and I don´t think I ever will, but it doesn´t mean that I wouldn´t like to spend the rest of my life with somebody I love.
Anyway, even if I don´t have the opportunity to have children with a woman (and most of the women I met didn´t want to, due to the high prize you have to pay in independency)I want to have children. So, I have considered the idea of adopting one whenever my circumstances in life will improve.

Jarno said...

Wow~first of all Tomas, I want to say that your blog can always make me learn a lot what I haven't ever now about it. Then, what you thought shock me a lot deeply. As your age I think your mind won't be changed again easily. But I do believe have a family with a right person will bring us plenty of happiness.

303236257 said...

Acctully the goverment in China always do some stupied things the published the rules and hope everyone can obey them, but they don't do as they asked for most people. the goverment only punish for some money in my case

Daryl said...

HI Tomas.....
I have read your post.... and I just want to ask that how many different city u have been moved already?? if u remember HAHA